Nerja borders Cómpeta, North East with Almunecar Granada municipality, to the South by the Mediterranean Sea and to the West with the municipalities of Frigiliana and Torrox.
It is located 52 km from the city of Málaga and about 100 km from Granada and Sierra Nevada.
Places of interest in Nerja
- Caves of Nerja. It is located next to the village of Maro, 4 km from the Centre of Nerja.
- Balcony of Europe, in the city center of Nerja. From there you can apreciate a wonderful views of the sea and the mountains.
- The Aqueduct, built in the 19th century.
- Baroque Hermitage of las Angustias (17th century).
- Church of El Salvador, in Baroque and Mudéjar style (17th century).
- Maro, a coastal village within Nerja’s municipal term.